Environment & Planning
Environmental and town planning concerns permeate legal and public-policy decision-making in South Africa. Most development projects of any size must deal with complex environmental and land use regulations developed by national, provincial, and local governments.
The Environment & Planning Division provides an extensive service that will assist clients in evaluating and coping with the environmental risk inherent in many commercial transactions today.
Areas of assistance include:
- Spatial Land Use & Planning
- Compliance with statutory environmental regulations
- Location and licensing of environmentally sensitive facilities
- Advice in relation to pollution incidents, clean-up claims and liability
- Occupational health and safety and environmental liability
- Hazardous and solid waste management and transportation
- Assistance in obtaining, or objecting to, environmental and development approvals
- Litigation of environmental disputes and representation at statutory tribunals dealing with environmental matters
- Corporate SHE audits